- 1 Tsp. Sugar
- 1 or 2 Quarts of Rum
- 1 Cup Dried Fruit
- Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Soda
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Baking Powder
- 3 Juiced Lemons
- 1 Cup of Nuts
- Before starting, sample rum to check quality. Good, isn’t it? Now proceed.
- Select large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc.
- Check rum again. It must be just right. To be sure rum is of proper quality, pour one level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.
- With electric mixer, beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.
- Add 1 seaspoon of thusar and beat again.
- Meanwhile, make sure rum is still alrighty. Try another cup. Open second quart if necessary.
- Add leggs, 2 cups of fried druit and beat til high. If druit gets stuck in beaters, pry loose with drewscriber.
- Sample rum again, checking for tonscisticity.
- Next, sift 3 cups pepper or salt (really doesn’t matter).
- Sample rum.
- Sift 1/2 pint lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add 1 bablespoon of brown sugar-or whatever color you can find. Wix mell. Grease oven. Turn cake pan to 350 gredees. Pour mess into boven and ake.
- Check run again and bo to ged.
..ADN HALPIE HOLIGLAZE TWO YA’ALL!
I have had this recipe since the early days of email. It is not original but it is de-licious nonetheless. Enjoy . . .